Friday, August 21, 2009

Yummy muffin recipe

I am baking some muffins using the squash I received from the CSA co-op.  I am always looking for ways to use less sugar, or natural sweetners, in my baked goods.  This muffin recipe came from my friend Amy.  Thanks Amy, we've enjoyed it!


Muffins 

2 eggs
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/3 c. honey
1 can pumpkin (variations 1 1/2 c. mashed banana, or canned squash)
1 T baking powder
2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375. Beat eggs until frothy. Add coconut oil, honey, and pumpkin and mix briefly. Mix dry ingredients together and then add to wet mixture. Fill 12-cup muffin tin (no need to grease or use paper liners). Bake for 13-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 

Yield: 12 muffins or about 40 mini-muffins
 

No comments: