Wednesday, July 8, 2009

CSA produce week 4


This weeks box gave us: tomatoes, 3 varieties of squash, onions, garlic, 2 kinds of cucumbers, bell pepper, hot peppers, broccoli, carrots, and red skin potatoes.  I gave some of it to my neighbor Casey since our shared garden is not thriving.  I feel bad that they put their time, effort, and money into our garden only to have it be a bust.  It's probably the soil, but we don't have time to look into that now.  Maybe next year we can take a soil sample to the farmer's co-op and have them test it.  

So I am thankful that we decided to join the CSA this year since we probably won't be getting anything out of our garden.  And our farmer's market is in their new location now, which is only about 4 miles from our house.  So I go there to pick up my CSA box, and I can shop around for any other produce I may want or need.  Plus some of the farmer's have other things to sell too, like flowers, preserves, breads, sweet breads, homemade soaps and lip balm, etc.  I love going to the farmer's market!

No comments: