Wednesday, July 1, 2009

CSA produce week 3


In this weeks box we received: cabbage, green beans, broccoli, tomatoes, squash, onions, garlic, bell pepper, cucumber, and two kinds of hot peppers.  Last night I made a stir fry using the cabbage, squash, broccoli, and onions.  I added chicken to it.  It was very tasty!  I make my own sauce that I use from a Rachael Ray recipe that I made one time.  It has Tamari, dry Sherry, ginger, and a bit of sugar.  I don't really measure, just kind of toss it in and stir.

Later this week I will make a shepherd's pie using more squash, and the onions.  It uses sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.  We love this dish!  We will also do salads this week using the tomatoes and cucumber.  And we'll cook up the green beans as a side to something else.  Maybe grilled rib eye steaks.  Yum!

No comments: