Monday, November 2, 2009

Life lessons and experiences

Graduation day, a warm Michigan summer day in June, 1992. For my readers who do not know me in real life, I am the tall one. :) These were three of the girls I was close with throughout my high school career. And just the way it usually happens in life, this was one of the last times we would all be together for a photo. Some of us started college, some started jobs, and we just sort of parted ways. New friends came in our lives through work or school, new boyfriends, and new life experiences.

When I look at that 17 year old girl, I see a girl who was excited for what life held in store for her, for whatever endeavor was next now that high school was over. But she had no idea at that moment exactly how, or why, God would allow certain circumstances and people to come into her life that would ultimately lead her to Him, and on an amazing adventure 600 miles away.

Sometimes we wonder why certain things happen in our lives, or why certain people come into our lives for a time and then leave. At times we find out the answer to those questions, but other times, we often never have an answer for that. We are not going to have all the answers here in this life, only God knows why He allows certain things to happen. But as Christians, our hope and joy is in knowing that our Sovereign God is in control of all things, and that he working those things according to His will. If there is one thing I am learning in life, it is to let God work in me and through me how he chooses to do so. Because fighting it just frustrates me, and then it just takes longer for God to do what He is trying to do in my life.

More to come!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Thanks for sharing this photo. I love it. I am sad to say that at neither my high school or college graduation was I excited about what life held in store for me. I was numb and scared. So glad to not feel that way anymore. I'm finally excited!