Saturday, August 15, 2009

CSA produce weeks 8 and 9

So I didn't get around to posting about my CSA food from last week, or this week even.  And I have no photos either.  Oops!  I will try to remember off the top of my head what we got the last two weeks.  Tomatoes, lots of squash, sweet corn, green peppers, hot peppers, green beans, onions, purple hull peas, garlic, new potatoes......I can't think of what else, but I am sure I am missing something.

Next Tuesday is our last week for the co-op.  All in all I have enjoyed getting a half bushel box of locally grown, organic produce.  But I don't think we will be doing it next year.  Most of the time it was just too much produce for us to eat ourselves.  I gave a lot of it away to my friend Casey.  And my freezer has tons of green beans in it, and I am about squashed out!  I think I will better off just hitting the farmer's market each week and getting what I need.  Nothing will be wasted, and I will get exactly the veggies/fruit I need for our meals.  We are only 4 miles from the farmer's market, and it goes from May all the way through October.  So even though next week is my last co-op pick up, I can still hit the farmer's market for the next 2 1/2 months!

No comments: